Wednesday, July 15, 2009

God CAN settle ALL our troubles



Kar Keat's gleanings (by His grace)
Response to ODB 15th July 2009
Dear youths,
hope you're doing fine after Youth Day *smile*
My OT readings today: Psalms 13 - 15
My NT readings today: Acts 19:21 - 41
The one similarity that came upon me, from Psalms 13, 14 and the Acts verses, was that no matter how troubled we can be, in the end, GOD WINS.
Psalm 13 (NKJV)
4 Lest my enemy say, “I have prevailed against him”; Lest those who trouble me rejoice when I am moved. 5 But I have trusted in Your mercy; My heart shall rejoice in Your salvation.6 I will sing to the LORD, Because He has dealt bountifully with me.
Psalm 14 (NIV)
6 You evildoers frustrate the plans of the poor, but the LORD is their refuge. 7 Oh, that salvation for Israel would come out of Zion! When the LORD restores the fortunes of his people, let Jacob rejoice and Israel be glad!
Acts 19 (NKJV)
And when he had said these things, he dismissed the assembly.
No matter how OVERWHELMED you are today by your troubles, God CAN settle ALL our troubles - praise Him! And how nicely it ties in with the ODB lesson:
Luke 14:27 (NIV)
And whoever does not bear his cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple.
Bless you, youths
Kar Keat

No comments: