Sunday, July 5, 2009

Ever-ready?

(This was supposed to be a Friday posting hee)
KarKeat's Quiet Time reflections

Response to ODB 4th July 2009

ODB NT reading: Acts 13:15 (+ v 27)
Acts 13:15
And after the reading of the Law and the Prophets, the rulers of the synagogue sent to them, saying "Men and breathren, if you have any word of exhortation for the people, say on."


Acts 13:27
For those who dwell in Jerusalem, and their rulers, because they did not know Him, nor even the voices of the Prophets which are read every Sabbath...

Ever-ready
What happens if one day, someone asks you, "Do you know of any verses (any "word from God") in the Bible that can help me?" What will you do?

Of course, that will mean we have to be REGULAR in our bible reading. But why should we do that? I've had 3 incidents this week reminding me I must be EVER READY.

1. One afternoon, I was suddenly asked to speak to the Prefectorial Board to encourage them.
2. I was suddenly asked to give testimonies during Prayer and Praise. (There were many thanksgiving, but I had to decide which ones to share.)
3. I trust that Reuben, Gabriel and Junming had started Saturday's Youth Day worship practice with a short devotion of God's Word. If they didn't, it was my fault, because I should have arrived earlier and shared God's Word to start
the practice. Leaders point their sheep to God's Word. In the beginning was the Word (John 1:1).

As you can see, we must be EVER-READY with God's Word.

What if we don't?
You have been in church for so long ("dwell in Jerusalem"). You've heard sermons every Sunday. ("the voices of the Prophets which are read every Sabbath..."). Does Acts 13:27 describe you? Let's pray it does not.

Assignment:
Start reading your bible REGULARLY, starting TODAY! (*)

Let's GROW in Christ, youths,
Kar Keat

(*) If you're not sure how to start reading your bible, approach your parents/ youth leaders TODAY.

No comments: